Whale Shark Snorkel Los Cabos
Swim alongside whale sharks, the largest fish in the world! Some 30 feet long, these giants look imposing. Yet swimming and snorkeling with whale sharks is safe, because the great fish are gentle filter feeders.
An awesome, close-up encounter awaits you with your Cabo Expeditions tour guide. As the whale-sized fish glides slowly through the water in search of plankton, you’ll be at their side. Swimming gently and slowly near the surface, these docile creatures allow you to approach them without risk.
The waters of the Sea of Cortez can be so dense with tiny red shrimp-like krill that the first Spanish settler named it the “Vermilion Sea.” This rich sea soup draws the great plankton feeders, whales as well as whale sharks, to Mexico.
The whale sharks of La Paz, Mexico attract researchers, as well as snorkelers, to study this benign behemoth. If you take a good photo of a whale shark, you can send it to the Wildbook for Whale Sharks, an international scientific database.
- Departing at 07:00 am
- Season: October to May
- Duration: Full-Day (8 hours approximately)
- Highly qualified, bilingual guides.
- Lunch and soft drinks.
- Snorkelling gear.
- Round-trip transportation from your hotel if you’re staying in Cabo San Lucas, San Jose del Cabo or along the Tourist Corridor. You’ll receive your pick-up time as part of your confirmation within 24 hours of your booking.
- Minimum age: 8 years old. Anyone under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
- For their own safety, pregnant women and people with heart, back or neck problems, as well as those with osteoporosis won’t be allowed to participate in this activity.
- Some walking/hiking is involved; guests should not be mobility challenged, and basic swimming skills are necessary to snorkel.
- Group size – We require a minimum of 4 individuals to run the trip and we can accommodate up to 10 persons at a time.
- No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs is allowed on the tour.
- Depending on weather and wind conditions, the ride can be bumpy.
- Bring your camera.
- Bring your bathing suit under your clothes.
- Bring cash for services not included.
- Bring comfortable clothes and a light jacket. We recommend to bring an extra set of clothes.
- Bring towels.
- Bring hat or cap and sunglasses.
- We strongly recommend use of biodegradable sunscreen.